Are you tired of getting unwanted calls and you are looking for the different ways to block unwanted calls on your Android for free? Here are several ways to block annoying spam calls on your Android phone.
So what are the different ways to block unwanted calls on Android phones for free?
The different ways to block unwanted calls on your android phone for free are:
- Using phone app
- Using Caller ID and Spam Options in Android’s Phone App
- By limiting calls using Do Not Disturb Mode
- Using third-party apps such as Truecaller app, Robokiller app.
In this articles we will explaining the first three methods. If you want to block unwanted calls via an app, all you have to do is to install the app on your android phone and block the desire phone number that has been disturbing you.
How to Block Unwanted Calls on Android Phones for Free
Unwanted calls are an unfortunate inevitability in life. Whether you’re getting too many robocalls or someone from your past won’t leave you alone, you might be wondering on how to block these unwanted calls.
In this article we’ll show you how to block unwanted calls on your Android for free using a variety of methods.
How to Block Numbers on Your Android Device
Android has a built-in option for blocking phone numbers. If you have a specific phone number you want to block from calling you, well this is a good option to block such specific number from calling you. We’ll illustrate the process using stock Android 8; as usual with Android walkthroughs, the process may vary depending on your device. If your device doesn’t have all these features, try installing the Google Phone app.
To block a number that’s recently called you;
- Open your call app and switch to the Recents call list.
- Press and hold on a number
- Then choose Block from the menu that pops up.
- Hit Block again to confirm your choice.
To block a number that’s not in the Recents list;
- Tap the three-dot menu at the top-right of the Phone call app
- Choose Settings.
- From the list, choose Blocked numbers or Call Blocking (depending on the option in your device). Here you can see all the numbers that you’ve blocked and remove any from the block list, if needed.
- Tap Add, once you have done that, a pop-up option will display as shown below asking if You want to add the number manually or from your contact list.
How to Block Unwanted Calls Using Caller ID and Spam Options in Android’s Phone App
There’s one other menu you should visit when blocking unwanted calls on your Android phone: Caller ID & spam from the same Settings menu mentioned above. Here, you’ll find a handful of sliders that help you identify and avoid spam calls.
Enable See caller and spam ID and your phone will show you information about who’s calling, even if it’s a number you don’t know. Turn on Filter spam calls and your phone will automatically suppress calls that it suspects are spam.
You can also enable Verified Calls, which is a feature that Google uses for participating businesses. If you agree to link your phone number with your Google account and enable this option, Google will relay the business’s reason for calling to your phone.
For example, if you order food, your phone might show a “Your pizza is here” message on the incoming call screen. This makes it easier to know when a company is calling for a legitimate reason.
How To Limit Incoming Calls Using Do Not Disturb Mode
There’s one other method you might consider for cutting down on unwanted calls. Android’s Do Not Disturb mode, which is designed to help you focus by suppressing notifications and other interruptions, allows you to pick the type of calls that still alert you. You can thus tell this mode to only let calls through from people you know, and enable it at times when you most often receive spam calls.
To configure Do Not Disturb, head to Settings > Sound & vibration > Do Not Disturb. Choose People from the list, then hit Calls. On the resulting menu, you can choose who can reach you in Do Not Disturb. Choose Starred contacts to allow only your closest friends, or Contacts to block calls from anyone you haven’t saved in your contact book.
If you often get spam text messages, you can do the same in the Messages tab. Now, when you want to silence incoming calls that you don’t know, turn on Do Not Disturb using the Quick Settings toggle. Try using the Schedules menu in Do Not Disturb’s settings if you want it to come on at the same time every day.
Do you have a number you want to block, in this article we have covered how to block unwanted numbers on your Android phone using different methods, so blocking an unwanted number should be easy for you.
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Start an Online Store Within Minutes on Your Own
- Steps on how to create an Upwork account and get your Upwork profile approved fast
- How to Access Blocked Websites on a PC and Smartphone
- How to recover your hacked Facebook account
- How To Create A Verified Lesotho Paypal Account That Send And Receive Fund
- How To Verify Your AdSense Account With and Without PIN