It was reported that two students of OAU took sniper and one of them died immediately.
On Tuesday 20th of April, 2021, Adedeji Emmanuel, a 200 level student of the department of Management and Accounting drank the deadly poison, sniper and was found dead. The reason behind his decision is unknown. According to one of his mates, prior to his death, Emmanuel took his friend out to hang out with them. So, he showed no sign of depression or sadness. The other student is unknown but is in critical condition. The student is currently receiving treatment at OAUTHC.
It is our prayer that God grants the parents and colleagues of the deceased a strong fortitude to bear the loss.