Do you have your presentation in a word document and you are looking for how to convert a word document to a powerpoint presentation.
If your presentation is in a word document (DOCX), you can easily convert them into powerpoint (PPTX), all you have to do is to follow these steps below and boom, you word document will be converted into a powerpoint presentation.
How to Convert a Word Document to a PowerPoint Presentation
Before you can convert your Word document into a PowerPoint presentation, ensure you have done the necessary formatting which include the use of “Heading 1, Heading 2…” doing these will ensure that your word document is powerpoint compatible.
So let us first format our document before converting it into powerpoint presentation
1. Open the document, you want to convert to Powerpoint in Microsoft word
2. In your Word document, click Home.
3. Select or highlight the header or title in your document.
Use Styles to format the content in your Word document.
4. Highlight the content you want to use as a slide title, in the “Styles” section at the top of the Word window, click on the “Heading 1” style. Do this for all the headers in your document.
5. Next, highlight the content you want to use as the slide text, and select Heading 2 in Styles.
Format all of your document paragraphs this way.
6. Click File and click on Save in Word’s menu bar to save the document.
(Alternatively, press Ctrl+s on Windows or Command+s on Mac.)
7. Close the document in Word.
The next thing to do is to convert your word document into powerpoint presentation
8. Start the import process by opening PowerPoint on your computer. On the first screen in PowerPoint, click “Blank Presentation” to make a new presentation.
9. In the PowerPoint editing window that opens, click the “Home” tab at the top. Then, in the “Slides” section at the top, click the arrow icon beside “New Slide.”
10. Select “Slides from Outline” in the menu that appears.
11. PowerPoint will ask you to select the file to import into your presentation. Here, select the Word document that you formatted earlier.
12. Your Word document will now be converted into a PowerPoint presentation. Each “Header 1” in your Word document will now have a dedicated slide in the presentation. Review this presentation and make changes to it if you want.
13. Lastly, save the presentation by selecting File and click on Save in PowerPoint’s menu bar.
Note: If your Word document contains no Heading 1 or Heading 2 styles, PowerPoint will create a slide for each paragraph in your content.
Converting word document to a powerpoint presentation is very easy if you follow the steps as highlighted above. Once your word document has been converted into a powerpoint presentation don’t forget to make the necessary formatting and changes.
- PDF to Word Document: How To Convert PDF Files To MS Word Using Adobe Acrobat
- PDF to Word Document: How To Convert PDF Files To MS Word Using Google Docs
- Steps on How to Compress Images in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Different Ways on How To Make Money on WhatsApp