Have you been trying to open blocked websites on a PC or smartphone without any success? or you have been asking yourself this question “How to access blocked websites on a PC and Smartphone?”
In this post, I will explain to you how you can access blocked sites on a PC and Smartphone.
In some countries, the government tends to deny their citizens from having access to some certain websites, and they tend to flag such websites due to the fact that they consider such site as illegal and detrimental to the peace of the state.
However, blocking some sites which is considered not safe is a good form in order to make the internet safe even though some may disagree due to one reason or the other.
Some parties then tried to find out how to open the site that was blocked by the government, because they felt the blocking effort was limiting them to surfing the internet.
Actually, do you know that you can still access those blocked website again. However, one of the weird obstacles is that these blocked sites cannot be accessed via a normal browser, you have to make use of an application or software to access such websites.
Without wasting much time, let’s delve right into how to open blocked websites on a PC and Smartphone. In this article, we at Okakasite have found a how to easily open blocked sites, including opening blocked sites through certain applications and browsers.
How to Access Blocked Webites on a PC and Smartphones
1. Open a Blocked Site with a VPN (Virtual Private Network) Application
How to open websites that are blocked by ISP (Internet Service Provider) can be done with the help of a VPN (Virtual Private Network) application.
With VPN, you are free to access blocked sites, either through your Android phone or PC. The VPN will randomize the IP address to open the website in question.
There are free applications to open blocked sites, such as Turbo VPN, Windscribe VPN, SamsungMax etc. Besides being free, there are also paid VPN applications that can be tried, for example, Nord VPN, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost etc.
2. Open a Blocked Site with SSH (Secure Shell)
In addition to the VPN application, SSH (Secure Shell) network that protects the exchange of data from virus threats you can also try to open blocked sites.
The SSH method can be used on PCs and Android smartphones. The method is fairly easy, as follows:
- Open the FastSSH website and select the African server or others depending on where you are surfing.
- Tap on the ‘Create SSH Account’ sentence and create an account by entering your username and password.
- Then tap ‘Create Account’.
- Wait until you get the SSH username, SSH password, and host IP address that you can record and will use in the next step.
- After that, all you have to do is download and install the KPNTunnel Revolution app.
- Then, open the KPNTunnel Revolution application, and proceed to the ‘Settings’ menu. Then, activate ‘SSH Tunnel’.
- Scroll down and in the Host / IP section, fill in the format you noted earlier. Fill in the username and password fields as you registered on the fastssh.com site.
- Activate Auto Reconnect and fill in the Pinger URL with ‘www.bing.com’.
- Finally, enable Custom DNS and you can use the default settings in the application. Then return to the main page and tap ‘Start’ to start using SSH.
3. Open a Blocked Site with Web Proxy
If so far it has been difficult to access blocked sites, then the alternative method is to use a web proxy (internet access provider sites through third-party servers).
How to open a blocked site with a web proxy is fairly easy. Moreover, it can be done from Android or PC. Here are the steps:
- Open your browser app on your Android smartphone, then headed ProxySite site.
- In the column provided, please select a server, enter the blocked site address, and type ‘GO’.
- Next, you will be diverted to browse using a web proxy. Visit the blocked web as usual when browsing using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
4. Open a Blocked Site with the Chrome & Firefox PC Add-On
Finally, there is a way to access a blocked web without an application by using Add-ons or extensions for the Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
The following are the steps to unblock a site using Add-ons or special extensions in the Google Chrome browser:
- Visit the Chrome Web Store page and open the Browsec VPN – Free and Unlimited VPN extension (chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/browsec-vpn-free-and-unli/omghfjlpggmjjaagoclmmobgdodcjboh?hl=en).
- Then tap ‘Add to Chrome’ to start installing.
- Next, a pop-up window will appear for installing the Browsec VPN extension. To continue, just click ‘Add extension’.
- If so, please access Browsec VPN by clicking on the icon on the top right. Select the server first and slide the toggle to start activating.
Secondly for Mozilla users, you can use a free download add-on to access blocked sites by following the following method.
The following are the steps to unblock a site using Add-ons or special extensions in the Mozilla Firefox browser:
- Visit the Firefox Add-on page and select AnonymoX (addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/anonymox/) and select ‘Add to Firefox’.
- Next, a ‘pop up’ will appear to confirm the installation of the add-on. Here you just click Add to continue the process.
- After it’s installed, you can access AnonymoX on the icon at the top right. Then, please select a server and slide the toggle to start activating the VPN feature.
Well, those are some ways to easily access sites that are blocked by your ISP, whether using an application or not.
Remember guys, all the methods highlighted above are free to use and should be used wisely. Also, do not try to access adult sites if you are not old enough.
Note: Okakasite is not responsible for all kinds of actions an individual take after reading how to open this blocked site.
- See How To Download Videos From Youtube In Any Formats Of Your Choice Without Any Other Software
- How to recover your hacked Facebook account
- Is VPN Usage a Threat To Privacy and Cyber Security
- Step by step Guide on How to Unblock your Website URL on Facebook
- How to save WhatsApp Status on your Android phones With and Without an App