Application for 2021 United Nations Africa B.I.S Grant is ongoing!
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa B.I.S (Business. Idea. Startup) Grant awards $25,000 to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups, and growing businesses.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this grant- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
UNECA Grant for Businesses, Ideas & Startups
Whether it’s just an idea or an established business, our program is structured to assist you access funds.
- Target AudienceCitizens from 54 member countries of the African Union.
- Grant Prize 5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
- EligibilityParticipants must be between the ages of 16 – 65 and should have a valid national means of identification.
B.I.S Grant aims to empower Africans to thrive in a daunting economy by equipping them with financing, training, and mentorship.
The process to acquire our grant is categorized into three stages.
- Application StageFirstly, applicants shall apply via the online form below. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should receive a positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview StageApplicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
- Verification StageFinalist shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
United Nations Africa B.I.S Grant- SELECTION CRITERIA
What We’re Looking Out For
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
- Financials: How our grant funds would really contribute to the growth of your idea, startup or business.
- Integrity: Your application should be filled with acurate information as we often verify applicant claims.
- Team: Explain why you or your team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup or business.
- Broader Impact: During the interview, share how our grant funds would impact your society at large.
- Age: Applicant must be above the age of 16 years and below 65 years.
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a bona fide citizen of an African country.
- Education: Applicant must have at least completed secondary or high school education.
- Conferencing Tool: Applicant must have a close-by device to initiate a video conferencing call.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Activities concerning B.I.S. should be submitted online through the application portal.
- Click the ‘APPLY NOW’ button below.
- Choose between ‘Inceptor’ and ‘Custodian’. An inceptor describes a person who has an idea, concept or plan but is yet to execute it into business. A custodian describes a person who manages an existing startup or business.
- Fill the form accurately and expect a feedback within 4-5 working days.
- Participants with positive feedback should make adequate preparations for an online interview.
United Nations Africa B.I.S Grant- Application Deadline
The closing date for this award application entry is Friday, 24th September 2021.